- Title: France in shock after Barcelona attack, 26 of country's citizens injured
- Date: 18th August 2017
- Summary: FRENCH DAILY NEWSPAPER "LIBERATION"'S FRONT PAGE READING (French): "TERROR ON LAS RAMBLAS", PHOTO OF MAN WITH HEAD IN HANDS BEING COMFORTED FRONT PAGE OF FRENCH DAILY NEWSPAPER "LE PARISIEN" READING (French): "BARCELONA, TOURISTS ARE ONCE AGAIN VICTIMS OF TERRORISM" FRONT PAGE OF FRENCH DAILY NEWSPAPER "LE FIGARO" READING (French): "BARCELONA: SPAIN'S TURN TO BE HIT BY ISLAMIC STATE"
- Embargoed: 1st September 2017 08:56
- Keywords: French citizens injured French Foreign Ministry crisis centre Paris Parisians reactions Barcelona attack Las Ramblas
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,International/National Security
- Reuters ID: LVA0026UOOO5J
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: France was in shock on Friday (August 18) following an attack in Barcelona, in which 13 people were killed after a suspected Islamist militant drove a van into crowds on the city's famous walkway of Las Ramblas.
The French Foreign and European Affairs Ministry said 26 of the country's citizens were injured in Thursday's (August 17) attack, with at least 11 of them in serious condition.
At the ministry's crisis centre, staff worked throughout the night and took more than 3,200 calls from citizens over the incident.
The attacks struck a painful cord with Parisians, who remembered recent violence in their own country, including when an Islamist militant drove a heavy truck into crowds in Nice, killing 86, as well as the deadly November 13 attacks.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.