- Title: Co-stars praise Daniel Craig at the UK premiere of 'Logan Lucky'
- Date: 21st August 2017
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (AUGUST 21, 2017) (REUTERS) ****WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** ACTOR ADAM DRIVER ON RED CARPET (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR, ADAM DRIVER, SAYING: "I think there's something subtle that Rebecca Blunt does in her script of making it really walk the line of .... making comments, you know, about socio economic status or maybe having like the idea that, you know, are people... can people subvert their DNA basically but more than that I think it's just a really great heist movie." REPORTER: "Have you met Jessica Blunt?" ADAM DRIVER: "Yeah." REPORTER: "So she is real?" ADAM DRIVER: "Yes, she's been on set." REPORTER: "How about Daniel Craig, was it good playing with him?" ADAM DRIVER: "Brilliant. Yeah. Probably the best scene partner you could ask for as was." ADAM DRIVER BEING INTERVIEWED CHANNING TATUM POSING FOR SELFIES WITH FANS (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR, CHANNING TATUM, SAYING: "Yeah. You know I never met him before this film so I don't know. It was it was a complete.... I'd seen his other movies but, you know, you know him best as James Bond. And when he showed up, you know, he was just a great, just a normal guy to me. Like you don't meet him and he's not James Bond obviously. That's not... that's an iconic role that he plays and that's not who he is. And I think that guy you could put him anywhere in the world and he's just going to... he's going to fit in because he's such a... he's just such an honest truthful person. And I don't think he can not just be Daniel."
- Embargoed: 4th September 2017 22:18
- Keywords: 'Logan Lucky' film premiere Channing Tatum Adam Driver Steven Soderberg heist film
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / UNKNOWN FILMING LOCATIONS
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / UNKNOWN FILMING LOCATIONS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA0066V3KX8T
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Actors Channing Tatum, Adam Driver and director Steven Soderbergh walked the red carpet for the premiere of their new film 'Lucky Logan' in London on Monday (August 21).
It is the first theatrical release in four years for the director of 'Sex, Lies, and Videotape', 'Erin Brockovich' and the trilogy of Ocean's 11, 12 and 13.
This time he decided to have more control over his film.
"He said 'I want to do this differently'. He said 'I want to do this outside of the system'. We financed it with foreign presales and we marketed the movie ourselves..." producer Reid Carolin told Reuters.
Channing Tatum and Adam Driver play two down-on-their-luck brother who plan to rob the Charlotte Motor Speedway.
The star-studded ensemble cast also features Daniel Craig as a street wise southern criminal Joe Bang - a very different character to his famous portrayal of James Bond.
At the event Adam Driver solved the mystery of the film's screenwriter, Rebecca Blunt, by confirming she is real person.
"Yes, she's been on set" Driver told Reuters.
'Lucky Logan' comes to UK cinemas on Friday (August 25).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None