- Title: Hacked Barcelona social media account announces Di Maria 'signing'
- Date: 23rd August 2017
- Summary: BARCELONA, SPAIN (AUGUST 2, 2017) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF NOU CAMP STADIUM PAN FROM PLAYERS ON SIGN TO STADIUM EXIT SIGN WITH FLAGS OUTSIDE OF STADIUM
- Embargoed: 6th September 2017 10:47
- Keywords: Soccer Spain Barcelona Di Maria Hack Hoax
- Location: BARCELONA AND MADRID, SPAIN / LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- City: BARCELONA AND MADRID, SPAIN / LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: Spain
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0026VDO473
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Barcelona said on Wednesday (August 23) that their social media accounts had been hacked after a series of messages including one announcing the signing of Paris St Germain's Angel Di Maria were posted to their Twitter and Facebook pages.
A group calling itself OurMine security claimed responsibility for the hoax. OurMine have previously hacked into the social media accounts of celebrities and organisations such as Netflix and HBO.
The club itself tweeted "Our accounts have been hacked tonight. We're working to solve the problem as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience," after regaining control of the accounts.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None