- Title: Indonesian rights activists groups call for government to help Rohingyas
- Date: 3rd September 2017
- Summary: VARIOUS OF ACTORS SURRENDERING VARIOUS OF ACTORS PLAYING DEAD
- Embargoed: 17th September 2017 10:59
- Keywords: Myanmar Indonesia protest Amnesty
- Location: JAKARTA, INDONESIA
- City: JAKARTA, INDONESIA
- Country: Indonesia
- Topics: Race Relations / Ethnic Issues,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA0026X1JN0L
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Indonesian advocate groups and Amnesty Indonesia urged the government to help Myanmar's Rohingya people on Sunday (September 3).
Protesters rallied in front of the Myanmar embassy.
These groups, along with Amnesty International Indonesia, are pushing the government for diplomatic interference which would let UN's fact-finding mission reveal their discoveries.
Earlier in the morning, a molotov cocktail was thrown into the embassy by an anonymous perpetrator, and the incident was under investigation by local authorities.
Indonesia, a country with a 87 percent Muslim population, is one of the main destinations in South East Asia for Rohingya refugees, along with Malaysia and Thailand in a crisis that has displaced thousands and killed hundred including women and children.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None