- Title: South Koreans worry over North Koreaâ€™s sixth nuclear test
- Date: 3rd September 2017
- Summary: NEWS TICKER READING (Korean): NORTH KOREA ANNOUNCES THE TEST OF A HYDROGEN BOMB DESIGNED TO BE MOUNTED ON OUR INTERCONTINENTAL BALLISTIC MISSILE WAS A PERFECT SUCCESS ELECTRONIC BOARD ON ROADSIDE
- Embargoed: 17th September 2017 10:38
- Keywords: North Korea nuclear test H-bomb South Korea resident Paju border
- Location: SEOUL, PAJU, SOUTH KOREA
- City: SEOUL, PAJU, SOUTH KOREA
- Country: South Korea
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice
- Reuters ID: LVA0026X1JB5Z
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Residents of Seoul expressed their concerns on Sunday (September 3) after North Korea conducted its sixth and most powerful nuclear test, marking a dramatic escalation of the regime's stand-off with the United States and its allies.
Earlier in the day, North Korea said it has successfully tested a hydrogen bomb designed to be mounted on its newly developed intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM), producing a greater yield than any of its previous nuclear tests.
Seoul citizens worried over the possible outbreak of war due to North Korea's continuous provocations including missiles and nuclear tests as they thought both U.S. and North Korea's leaders were unpredictable.
The announcement from Pyongyang came a few hours after international seismic agencies detected a manmade earthquake near the North's test site, which Japanese and South Korean officials said was around 10 times more powerful than the tremor picked up after its last nuclear test a year ago.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.