- Title: China says BRICS summit expected to oppose trade protectionism
- Date: 3rd September 2017
- Summary: XIAMEN, FUJIAN PROVINCE, CHINA (SEPTEMBER 3, 2017) (HOST POOL) PLANE TAXIING ON TARMAC BRAZILIAN NATIONAL EMBLEM ON PLANE PLANE ON TARMAC BRAZILIAN PRESIDENT MICHEL TEMER WALKING OUT OF THE PLANE AND SHAKING HANDS WITH CHINESE OFFICIAL PLANE ON TARMAC TEMER GETTING INTO CAR CAR DRIVING AWAY
- Embargoed: 17th September 2017 09:07
- Keywords: BRICS. China Xiamen commerce trade finance
- Location: XIAMEN, FUJIAN PROVINCE, CHINA
- City: XIAMEN, FUJIAN PROVINCE, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Government/Politics,International Trade
- Reuters ID: LVA0026X1JJ2D
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:A meeting of the BRICS group of emerging economies is expected to rally against trade protectionism, China's vice trade minister said on Sunday (September 3), the first day of the summit in southeastern China.
In a seperate news conference, China's vice finance minister also named a number of protectionist and anti-globalisation trends that create "uncertainty" for the development of BRICS countries' economies.
Brazilian President Michel Temer also arrived at Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport on Sunday to attend the BRICS summit.
The heads of state from Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa will gather in the city of Xiamen through Tuesday (September 5), giving China as host its latest chance to position itself as a bulwark of globalization in the face of U.S. President Donald Trump's "America First" agenda.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None