- Title: Barry Callebaut unveils 'fourth flavour' of chocolate: the Ruby
- Date: 5th September 2017
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (English) DESSERT CHEF, MARTIN DIEZ, SAYING: "You have to understand that the dark chocolate is really is bitter, so it gives you the cocoa-ness, the bitterness. The white chocolate is quite sweet with a milky taste, and here we have something totally different, which is sour. We have the sourness coming, and the fruitiness and you have some berry taste as well. So this is really a mix between the fruitiness, sourness, and berry taste." GUESTS TASTING DESSERT MADE BY RUBY CHOCOLATE MAN TASTING DESSERT MADE BY RUBY CHOCOLATE WOMAN TASTING DESSERT MADE BY RUBY CHOCOLATE
- Embargoed: 19th September 2017 12:24
- Keywords: Barry Callebaut ruby chocolate flavour fourth flavour Ruby chocolate
- Location: SHANGHAI, CHINA
- City: SHANGHAI, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News
- Reuters ID: LVA0076XBL9W9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Chocolate maker Barry Callebaut on Tuesday (September 5) unveiled what it calls the 'fourth type' of chocolate, after milk, dark and white -- ruby.
At a media event in China's eastern economic hub of Shanghai, Barry Callebaut CEO Antoine de Saint-Afrique said the new type of chocolate, of a dark pink hue, is made from the Ruby bean and tested successfully on the Chinese market.
To create it, neither berries, artificial berry flavours, nor colour, was added, according to its press release. Barry Callebaut said that over 13 years of research has been put into producing it.
Taste wise, it is a mix of a sour, fruity, and berry taste unique red colour, said Martin Diez, a chef for Barry Callebaut.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None