- Title: Ivory Coast and Gabon train for World Cup qualifier
- Date: 4th September 2017
- Summary: BOUAKE, IVORY COAST (SEPTEMBER 4, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF IVORY COAST TEAM TRAINING CLOSE ON MAX ALAIN GRADEL IVORY COAST FORWARD WALKING VARIOUS OF IVORY COAST TEAM TRAINING VARIOUS OF IVORY COAST GOALKEEPERS TRAINING VARIOUS OF IVORY COAST TEAM TRAINING (SOUNDBITE) (French) MARC WILMOTS, IVORY COAST COACH, SAYING: "We had a good match, we played well, in the first half of the match we were a little lost in the game, we didn't give many occasions therefore now there will be a match at home, a match which we will have to win in order to get closer to the World Cup." VARIOUS OF IVORY COAST TEAM TRAINING (SOUNDBITE) (French) MARC WILMOTS IVORY COAST COACH, SAYING: "I believe that I have found a team, but I have also found a substitutes bench who will celebrate the goals with the players on the field. We created a group, a group of people who are looking in the same direction. I count a lot on the city of Bouake as we have exactly 72 hours to recuperate and this is the same for the Gabonese, of course. You saw the match France-Luxembourg which is a great example showing that once a match took place and is over, we then write a new story on a fresh sheet. We need to concentrate, to have the same will and make an effort together to get the three points." IVORY COAST TEAM BUS LEAVING BOUAKE STADIUM GABON TEAM LEAVE THEIR BUS AT BOUAKE STADIUM VARIOUS OF GABON PLAYERS GETTING OFF THE BUS
- Embargoed: 18th September 2017 22:20
- Keywords: Ivory Coast Gabon World Cup
- Location: BOUAKE, IVORY COAST
- City: BOUAKE, IVORY COAST
- Country: Ivory Coast
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016X6LRGF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: After beating Gabon 3-0 in Libreville on Saturday (September 2), Ivory Coast prepare to play their second World Cup qualifier against the Gabonese team on Tuesday (September 5) in Bouake, Ivory Coast.
The teams trained at Bouake stadium on Tuesday with Ivory Coast coach Marc Wilmots saying his team played well in the first match and now needed another victory to get closer to World Cup qualification.
Wilmots pointed out that tiny Luxembourg had held France to a 0-0 draw in their latest round of World Cup qualification and that was an example to his players to concentrate and win three points in their coming match.
Ivory Coast are top of their Africa Group C with two wins, one draw and no losses - giving them seven points. Morocco are second with five points and Gabon third with two. Mali are bottom of the group with one point.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None