- Title: Thai PM, Tajik president arrive in Xiamen to discuss expanded 'BRICS Plus'
- Date: 4th September 2017
- Summary: XIAMEN, FUJIAN PROVINCE, CHINA (SEPTEMBER 4, 2017) (HOST POOL) AIRPORT STAFF GUIDING PLANE PLANE TAXIING ON TARMAC HONOUR GUARDS MARCHING THAI PRIME MINISTER PRAYUTH CHAN-OCHA WALKING OUT OF THE PLANE PRAYUTH SHAKING HANDS WITH CHINESE OFFICIAL AND RECEIVING FLOWERS FROM GIRL CAR PARKING PRAYUTH GETTING INTO CAR VARIOUS OF PLANE TAXIING ON TARMAC TAJIK PRESIDENT IMOMALI RAKHMON WALKING OUT OF PLANE RAKHMON SHAKING HANDS WITH CHINESE OFFICIAL PLANE ON TARMAC RAKHMON GETTING INTO CAR CAR DRIVING MOTORCADE DRIVING AWAY
- Embargoed: 18th September 2017 08:40
- Keywords: Tajikistan Thailand China airport arrival BRICS Emomali Rahmon Prayuth Chan-o-cha
- Location: XIAMEN, FUJIAN PROVINCE, CHINA
- City: XIAMEN, FUJIAN PROVINCE, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016X6KEH3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha and Tajik President Imomali Rakhmon arrived at Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport on Monday (September 4) to discuss the idea of an expanded "BRICS Plus", expanding the bloc to new members.
China has invited leaders of five countries - Mexico, Guinea, Thailand, Egypt and Tajikistan - to take part in a dialogue with members of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. It will give host China a chance to position itself as a bulwark of globalisation in the face of U.S. President Donald Trump's "America First" agenda.
The heads of state from the BRICS group of emerging economies in Xiamen for the summit that started on Sunday (September 3) and ends on Tuesday (September 5).
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None