- Title: UK's Prince William and wife Kate expecting third child
- Date: 4th September 2017
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - JULY 23, 2013) (REUTERS) WILLIAM AND KATE, HOLDING BABY PRINCE GEORGE ALEXANDER LOUIS, STANDING OUTSIDE LINDO WING AT ST MARY'S HOSPITAL
- Embargoed: 18th September 2017 11:31
- Keywords: Royals Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Kate pregnancy morning sickness third child throne monarchy
- Location: VARIOUS LOCATIONS
- City: VARIOUS LOCATIONS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Royals
- Reuters ID: LVA00H6X6L0LJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Britain's Prince William and his wife Kate are expecting a third child, their office said on Monday (September 4, 2017).
"Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting their third child," Kensington Palace said in a statement.
"The Queen and members of both families are delighted with the news," it said.
Kate was suffering from extreme morning sickness, a problem which occurred in her two previous pregnancies, and was being cared for at the palace having cancelled her official engagements for Monday, the statement said.
William and Kate's two children George and Charlotte are aged four and two. Their third child would be fifth in line to the British throne.
William, 35, is the eldest son of Prince Charles, the first in line to the throne, and a grandson of the queen.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None