- Title: Spanish FM seeks to strengthen ties with Cuba on visit
- Date: 6th September 2017
- Summary: DASTIS MAKING FLORAL OFFERING TILT-DOWN OF JOSE MARTI MONUMENT TO DASTIS WITH SPANISH DELEGATION
- Embargoed: 20th September 2017 19:08
- Keywords: Alfonso Dastis Bruno Rodriguez bilateral relations
- Location: HAVANA, CUBA
- City: HAVANA, CUBA
- Country: Cuba
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0036XGM99F
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Spain is betting on expanding relations in key sectors and supporting Cuba's economic development, Spanish Foreign Minister Alfonso Dastis said Wednesday (September 6) during an official visit with his Cuban counterpart, Bruno Rodriguez.
Dastis is seeking to strengthen ties after the 2016 signing of the first Political Dialogue and Cooperation Agreement between Cuba and the European Union.
Spain is the country with the most joint ventures on the island and is Cuba's first trading partner in Europe. Globally it is third after China and Venezuela, respectively.
Dastis said Spain is also hoping to expand cooperation in construction, energy and financial private sectors. He also indicated that a visit by King Felipe VI could come at a later date in response to an invitation issued by Cuba in April.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None