- Title: La Liga president Tebas speaks out on inflated transfer fees
- Date: 6th September 2017
- Summary: MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, UK (RECENT) (REUTERS) WIDE SHOT OF MANCHESTER CITY'S ETIHAD STADIUM ENTRANCE TO STADIUM CLUB SIGN OUTSIDE STADIUM
- Embargoed: 20th September 2017 15:38
- Keywords: La Liga Javier Tebas Neymar Paris St Germain Manchester City
- Location: MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, UK/FILE
- City: MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, UK/FILE
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0046XGLVSV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:In the wake of the record-breaking transfer window, Javier Tebas, the president of La Liga in Spain, said that the vast amounts of money coming into certain soccer clubs would cause inflation and "distortion of the competition".
The recent transfer window has included Brazil talisman Neymar's world record 222 million euro ($265 million) move from Barcelona to Paris St Germain. Tebas, speaking at the Soccerex exhibition in Manchester, UK on Wednesday (September 6), fears that clubs like PSG and Manchester City are benefiting from money outside of soccer coming into the club.
Last month, La Liga wrote a letter to UEFA, calling for an investigation into both clubs for "violation of financial fair-play regulations".
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None