- Title: Puerto Rico begins to feel effects of Irma
- Date: 6th September 2017
- Summary: SANTURCE, PUERTO RICO (SEPTEMBER 06, 2017) (REUTERS) HEAVY RAIN FALLING ON STREET WINDOW BLOWING GARBAGE CAN CARS DRIVING THROUGH RAIN CAR DRIVING THROUGH RAIN LOIZA, PUERTO RICO (SEPTEMBER 06, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF TREES BLOWING IN WIND WIND BLOWING TREES BEHIND CLOSED RESTAURANTS RESTAURANT SIGN TREES BLOWING IN WIND SIGN OUTSIDE CLOSED RESTAURANT BALNEARIO DE CAROLINA, PUERTO RICO (SEPTEMBER 06, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF WIND, WAVES HITTING SHORE TREES BLOWING IN WIND ZOOM OUT FOR WIDE VIEW OF SAN JUAN FROM BEACH
- Embargoed: 20th September 2017 15:43
- Keywords: Puerto Rico effects of Hurricane Irma rain wind
- Location: LOIZA, CAROLINA, AND SANTURCE, PUERTO RICO
- City: LOIZA, CAROLINA, AND SANTURCE, PUERTO RICO
- Country: Puerto Rico
- Topics: Environment,Weather
- Reuters ID: LVA0016XGM7NR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Puerto Rico began to feel the effects of Hurricane Irma on Wednesday morning (September 06), with winds picking up and heavy rain beginning to fall.
Hurricane Irma is about 140 miles (225 km) east of San Juan Puerto Rico, with maximum sustained winds of 185 mph (295 km/h), the U.S. National Hurricane Center said on Wednesday.
Irma will pass near or just north of the coast of the Dominican Republic on Thursday, and will be near the Turks and Caicos and southeastern Bahamas by late Thursday, it added.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None