- Title: Putin, Abe and Battulga visit judo contest after economic summit in Vladivostok
- Date: 7th September 2017
- Summary: VARIOUS OF JUDO TOURNAMENT WINNERS AND ABE, PUTIN AND BATTULGA AT AWARD CEREMONY
- Embargoed: 21st September 2017 14:53
- Keywords: Russia Japan Mongolia Putin Abe Battulg judo Mongolia President Khaltmaagiin Battulg Russia Mongolia North Korea
- Location: VLADIVOSTOK, RUSSIA
- City: VLADIVOSTOK, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0026XLKFGN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Russian President Vladimir Putin, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and Mongolian President Khaltmaa Battulga visited International Vladivostok Jigoro Kano Junior Judo Tournament on Thursday (September 7) night, after taking part in the Eastern Economic Forum.
Putin, who has often demonstrated his love for the sport, had practised judo in the past and possess a black belt.
Mongolian president practised wrestling and judo, and even won the wrestling world champion in 1989. He also chaired the country's Judo Federation.
The tournament, named after judo founder Jigoro Kano, is held under the patronage of Putin and Abe and marks the 100th anniversary of the first judo fight between Russian and Japanese judokas.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.