- Title: Sheep has given birth to eight lambs, setting new record in Lithuania
- Date: 23rd January 2018
- Summary: ALABURDISKES VILLAGE, LITHUANIA (JANUARY 22, 2018) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF HOUSE, WHERE GRAZULIAI FAMILY LIVES (AUDIO OF SHEEP AND LAMBS) VARIOUS OF SHEEP, MARGOSHA, IN BARN WITH EIGHT LAMBS LAMB IN BARN VARIOUS OF LAMBS IN BARN WITH SHEEP, MARGOSHA (SOUNDBITE) (Lithuanian) SHEEP FARMER, JEVGENIJA GRAZULIENE, SAYING: "This year on January 13 our sheep Margosha gave birth to eight lambs, including three male and five female ones, four dark-coloured, like their father, and four light-coloured, like their mother. The two smallest ones weighed 1.5 kilograms each, others were slightly bigger." SHEEP FARMER, JEVGENIJA GRAZULIENE ENTERING BARN / GRAZULIENE FEEDING LAMBS VARIOUS OF GRAZULIENE FEEDINGS LAMBS FACE OF GRAZULIENE LAMB DRINKING MILK FROM BOTTLE LAMBS JUMPING OUT OF BARN SHEEP, MARGOSHA WITH HER LAMBS WALKING OUT OF BARN LAMBS OUTSIDE BARN LAMBS AND SHEEP, MARGOSHA OUTSIDE BARN VILNIUS, LITHUANIA (JANUARY 22, 2018) (REUTERS) DIRECTOR OF LITHUANIAN RECORDS REGISTERING AGENCY FACTUM, VYTAUTAS NAVAITIS, WALKING IN OFFICE (SOUNDBITE) (Lithuanian) DIRECTOR OF LITHUANIAN RECORDS REGISTERING AGENCY FACTUM, VYTAUTAS NAVAITIS, SAYING: "Factum agency registered this as a Lithuanian record, that is, the birth of 8 lambs from a sheep named Margosha on January 13th." ALABURDISKES VILLAGE, LITHUANIA (JANUARY 22, 2018) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF SHEEP AND LAMBS IN BARN
- Embargoed: 6th February 2018 10:14
- Keywords: Lithuania sheep birth of 8 lambs record sheep record registering
- Location: ALABURDISKES, VILNIUS, LITHUANIA
- City: ALABURDISKES, VILNIUS, LITHUANIA
- Country: Lithuania
- Topics: Environment,Nature/Wildlife
- Reuters ID: LVA0017ZC14C9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A 9-year-old sheep has given birth to eight lambs in Alaburdiskes village, 70 km. from Lithuania's capital Vilnius, setting a new record in the country.
The sheep called Margosha gave birth to three male and five female lambs on January 13 according to the sheep farmer Jevgenija Grazuliene who added that four were light-coloured like their mother and other four dark-coloured like their father.
Jevgenija Grazuliene (36) with her husband Mindaugas Grazulis (38) have been breeding sheep since 2011. They are currently caring for 25 sheep and 25 lambs in family barns.
The director of Factum agency, Lithuania's record registering agency said that the birth of eight lambs from a sheep named Margosha on January 13 was registered as a Lithuanian record.
Sheep usually give birth to one to three lambs in one birthing event known as lambing.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2018. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None