- Title: Polish student designs robotic arm that plays music
- Date: 25th January 2018
- Summary: KRAKOW, POLAND (JANUARY 16, 2018) (REUTERS) STUDENT PLAYING VIOLIN WITH ROBOT PLAYING KEYBOARD ROBOT PLAYING KEYBOARD STUDENT PLAYING VIOLIN, ROBOT PLAYING KEYBOARD AND CYMBAL ROBOT PLAYING KEYBOARD, STUDENT PLAYING VIOLIN ROBOT PLAYING KEYBOARD VARIOUS OF STUDENT PLAYING VIOLIN/ROBOT PLAYING KEYBOARD AND CYMBAL ROBOT PLAYING KEYBOARD AND CYMBAL STUDENT AND PROFESSOR AT LAPTOP, PROFESSOR WATCHING SCREEN CLOSELY ROBOT PLAYING KEYBOARD
- Embargoed: 8th February 2018 13:55
- Keywords: robotic arm musical robot robot music polish student designs robot arm violin
- Location: KRAKOW, POLAND
- City: KRAKOW, POLAND
- Country: Poland
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Information Technologies / Computer Sciences,Music,Science
- Reuters ID: LVA0017ZM20JL
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A Polish engineering student, who combined his passion for music with technology, designed a robotic arm that plays music.
Wojciech Switala, a student at the University of Science and Technology in Krakow, made "Staszek", an industrial robot, which accompanies him in his music rehearsals.
The robot plays the keyboard and beats the drums as Switala plays the violin.
Switala, who is also a music school graduate, has been playing the fiddle for 13 years. He passed his exams at university last Friday (January 19) and has become an engineer.
Switala's supervising professor called him a "unique student", adding that his work "added colour to the life of university".
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2018. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.