- Title: Olympics bedding, security ready to welcome athletes to Winter Games
- Date: 25th January 2018
- Summary: EXTERIOR OF ACCOMMODATION OLYMPIC LOGO
- Embargoed: 8th February 2018 08:09
- Keywords: South Korea Pyeongchang 2018 Olympics athletes village
- Location: GANGNEUNG, SOUTH KOREA
- City: GANGNEUNG, SOUTH KOREA
- Country: South Korea
- Topics: Olympics,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0087ZM018L
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The Gangneung Olympic Village for the upcoming Pyeongchang Games was ready on Thursday (January 25) to welcome athletes ahead of February 1, when the Olympic teams are set to move in.
The athlete village in the coastal town of Gangneung, which will stage the ice hockey, curling, figure skating, speed and short track skating events, can accommodate 2,400 people.
South Korea will host its first ever Winter Olympics from February 9 to February 25 in Pyeongchang, Jeongseon and Gangneung in Gangwon Province, in South Korea's northeast.
Organisers said more than 90 countries will send about 3,000 athletes to the Olympics, which will hold its opening ceremony on February 9.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2018. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.