- Title: Thai police arrest two suspects for murder, attempted murder of Israeli couple
- Date: 25th January 2018
- Summary: SAMUI, THAILAND (JANUARY 22, 2018) (REUTERS) ISRAELI NATIONAL EVAL BOKAL BEING ESCORTED THROUGH POLICE STATION BOKAL AND ISRAELI NATIONAL DOLEV ZUAREZ (IN WHITE SHIRT) SITTING IN POLICE STATION VARIOUS OF ZUAREZ AND BOKAL BEING ESCORTED TO CAR, MEDIA TAKING PHOTOGRAPHS AND FILMING SAMUI, THAILAND (JANUARY 24, 2018) (REUTERS) POLICE OFFICERS SITTING ON MOTORBIKE PLAYING ROLE OF ISRAELI COUPLE, POLICE OFFICERS AND ZUAREZ STANDING NEARBY VARIOUS OF BOKAL IN HANDCUFFS BEING ESCORTED AROUND MOCK-UP CRIME SCENE POLICE OFFICIALS STANDING AND TALKING TO ZUAREZ, BOKAL AND THEIR TRANSLATOR VARIOUS OF POLICE OFFICERS AND ZUAREZ DEMONSTRATING KNIFE ATTACK VARIOUS OF THE SUSPECTS IN HANDCUFFS BEING ESCORT BACK TO POLICE CAR
- Embargoed: 8th February 2018 16:55
- Keywords: Thailand Israeli couple attack stabbing Samui
- Location: SAMUI, THAILAND
- City: SAMUI, THAILAND
- Country: Thailand
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Crime
- Reuters ID: LVA0017ZM2YBR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Thai police arrested two Israeli nationals on Monday (January 22) charged with the murder and attempted murder of an Israeli couple on Thailand's Samui Island over the weekend, local media reported
Eyewitnesses said that Dolev Zuarez, 24, and Eval Bokal, 25, chased the couple, Maor Mallil, 34, and his partner, Rachael Osana, 31, in a car, knocking over the couple's motorcycle and stabbing them repeatedly, according to local media. The incident was also caught by a hospital security camera.
The pair were arrested at Bangkok's Don Muang Airport on Monday and brought back to Samui for questioning. One of the suspects admitted to stabbing Mallil to death. Osana is said to have survived the attack but is severely injured, Thai media reported.
The suspects and the couple had known each other and were in the same gang, Thai media reported the police as saying.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2018. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None