Reuters.screenocean.com provides self-service licensing to footage from the Reuters Archive.
- Saving searches
- Viewing records
- Creating clips and collections
- Downloading screeners
- Your account
- Your collections
- Your orders
- Equiring, ordering and licencing clips
- Click 'Register' in the top menu bar to take you to the registration page.
- Enter your email address and password which you will use to log in to the archive.
- Enter details into the mandatory fields marked with * and any additional information you wish to add to the other fields.
- Click 'Register'.
- Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email stating that your details have been received. Click on the link to verify your account.
- If you do not recieve a confirmation email please check your junk folder.
- A web administrator will then review your request. Once moderated, you will receive a further confirmation email to notify you that your account has been activated.
- Click the 'Login' link from any page.
- Enter a registered email address and password.
- Click 'Login'.
- If you forget your password, please click the 'Forgotten your password' link and a temporary password will be sent to your registered email address.
A basic search will use the key term entered to search through metadata fields associated to each archived record and return results on a hitlist page.
To perform a basic search:
- Enter a search term into the search bar.
- Press the search icon or hit return on your keyboard to perform the search query.
- The results will be returned on a search results page.
- Filter the results by selecting the fields on the left side of the page.
- Use the 'Sort by' drop down filter at the top of the page to display the results by date/relevancy.
- Use the page numbers and the 'Next' and 'Last' links at the top and bottom of the page to browse more pages if more than one page of results is retrieved.
To perform a more advanced search:
- "" Use quotation marks to search for the exact phrase only
- OR will retrieve results where either of the words appear in the metadata
- AND will retrieve only the records that contain both words
- NOT will return records that do contain the search term
To save searches:
- Click on the icon at the top of the search results page.
- Give your saved search a title and click ‘Save’.
You can add items to collections directly from the search results by:
- Clicking on the and selecting ‘add to collection’.
- For multiple items, click on the icons that appear when you hover over a record, then select the drop down option at the top of the page to add selected items to a collection.
To view a record, simply click on the thumbnail or title for the record you wish to view.
When viewing a record you can view the media, see all the metadata, view image frames taken from the media and add the record to a collection.
To view media:
- Click on the 'play' button in the media player.
- Video or audio can be paused using the pause button in the media player.
- Video or audio can be scrubbed forwards and backwards by clicking and dragging on the time bar or using shortcut keys.
- The volume can be muted using the 'Mute' button in the video player.
- Use the ‘full screen’ button to view the media in full screen.
To view the media frames for a record:
- Select the 'Frames' tab below the main media window towards the bottom of the page.
- Select the desired frames interval by clicking on any one of the second interval tabs.
- Use the page numbers and the 'Next' and 'Last' at the top and bottom of the Frame area to browse through if more than one page of frames are available.
- Media can be played back from a specific frame in the main media window by simply clicking on the desired frame.
To add the entire record being viewed to a Collection:
- Click the 'Add to collection' button at the bottom of the video player.
- Either create a new collection by entering a title and clicking 'Create' or select a pre existing collection from the drop down list and click 'Add record to my collection'.
To create clips and add them to collections.
- Click on the 'Make a clip' Button directly below the video player.
- Adjust the length of the clip by adjusting the ‘in and out’ points.
- Name the clip by clicking on the title.
- Click 'Add clip to collection'.
You can download free low resolution BITC screeners from the Record Page by clicking 'Download Screener'.
Under 'Your account', you will be able to manage your saved collections in 'Your collections' or requested downloads in 'Your orders'. You can drag and drop these windows to suit your view. The link to update your contact details can also be located in 'Your account'.
'Your collections' can be used to create collections of clips and/or full records which are stored together under any given title. Any number of collections can be created and any number of clips and/or full records can be added to a collection, you can also rename each collection and save individual notes for each collection.
Once collection has been created it can be viewed, shared edited or deleted.
To share a collection click on the icon and make the collection 'Public' or enter the email address of the person you wish to share it with. They will receive an email notification that you have shared the collection with them. If the collection is 'Public' you can also just share the URL.
By defualt all the collection you create are 'Private' unless you make them 'Public'.
'Your orders' shows all of the media that each registered user has requested for download. Refresh to ensure all recent requested downloads are shown. To download the file to a chosen location for your use;
- A file can only be saved to your location once the requested download has fully processed.
- Select Download from the dropdown menu.
- Save to your chosen location. Note: Speed of download will depend on your bandwidth and the length of the requested clip and/or the original record size.
You can enquire about your collections directly with the licencing team.
- In 'Your Collection' click on the icon and select ‘Enquire’.
- Fill out the Enquiry form and click 'Submit'
- You will be redirected to a confirmation page and you will recieve email notification that your enquiry has been received.
- A member of the team will contact you about your request.
- You will be sent a 'License agreement' to be sign and returned.
- On receipt of a signed licence and payment you will be released the master footage.
You can purchase some clips online for Digital Use Only by simply adding your clips to your basket and proceeding to checkout. Some items are unable to purchase online due to restrictions. If you need to enquire about these clips or need to license for uses other than Digital Only, please contact us directly.
Should you require any further assistance then please contact email@example.com or call +44 (0) 1954 262 052.