- Title: Russian PM Medvedev meets Chinese Premier Li in Beijing
- Date: 7th November 2018
- Summary: BEIJING, CHINA (NOVEMBER 7, 2018) (REUTERS) RUSSIAN PRIME MINISTER DMITRY MEDVEDEV AND CHINESE PREMIER LI KEQIANG WALKING ONTO PODIUM
- Embargoed: 21st November 2018 04:37
- Keywords: Medvedev Li Dmitry Medvedev Li Keqiang China-Russia relations
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA00195I8HFR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev met with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang and attended a welcome ceremony in Beijing on Wednesday (November 7).
The two then attended a bilateral meeting where both leaders vowed to continue to strengthen Russian-Chinese relations. Russian President Vladimir Putin's visited China this June and his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping visited Russia in September.
Relations between Moscow and Beijing have long been marked by mutual wariness with Russian nationalists warning of encroaching Chinese influence in the country's mineral-rich far east. But Russia pivoted east towards China after the West sanctioned Moscow over its annexation of Ukraineâ€™s Crimea region in 2014 and trade links between the two, who share a land border over 4,200 km long, have blossomed since.
In September the Chinese military took part in Russia's biggest war games since the fall of the Soviet Union which brought together more than 300 000 troops.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2018. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None