- Title: India's Modi welcomes French President Macron to New Delhi
- Date: 9th March 2018
- Summary: NEW DELHI, INDIA (MARCH 9, 2018) (ANI - NO ACCESS BBC/MEDIACORP) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF FRENCH PRESIDENT EMMANUEL MACRON'S AIRPLANE TAXIING AT THE TARMAC TEXT ON AIRPLANE READING (French): 'REPUBLIC FRANCE' INDIAN PRIME MINISTER NARENDRA MODI WALKING WINDOW OF PLANE COCKPIT MACRON AND HIS WIFE, BRIGITTE, WALKING DOWN THE STAIRS OF THE AIRPLANE / MACRON SHAKING HANDS AND EMBRACING MODI / MODI GREETING BRIGITTE / MACRON INTERACTING WITH OFFICIALS / MODI AND MACRON TALKING / MACRON, HIS WIFE, AND MODI POSING FOR PHOTO OPPORTUNITY FRENCH OFFICIALS STANDING MACRON AND MODI TALKING / MACRON EMBRACING MODI / MACRON GETTING IN A CAR INDIAN AIR FORCE OFFICIALS STANDING MACRON'S CAR LEAVING AS MODI LOOKS ON
- Embargoed: 23rd March 2018 20:58
- Keywords: French President Emmanuel Macron Indian Prime Minister Modi India-France New Delhi
- Location: NEW DELHI, INDIA
- City: NEW DELHI, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001869SWG7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: French President Emmanuel Macron arrived in the Indian capital New Delhi on Friday (March 9) to strengthen trade, defence and political ties.
Macron, who arrived with his wife Brigitte and a delegation of French companies that includes EDF, Dassault Aviation, Schneider Electric and Suez, was welcomed by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the airport.
Modi had earlier tweeted that he was looking forward to having talks with the French President and added that the visit would add great strength to their partnership.
Macron, who is on a four-day tour, is hoping to put France at the front of the trade queue with India, ahead of the UK.
The French President has been beating the drum for France as a new, modernised "startup nation" on the world stage, while he pushes ahead with a wide-ranging programme of reforms at home.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2018. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None