- Title: INDIA: Teenaged German acrobats entertain school students in Kerala
- Date: 26th July 2010
- Summary: BOY WATCHING
- Embargoed: 9th August 2010 23:51
- Location: India
- Country: India
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Light / Amusing / Unusual / Quirky
- Reuters ID: LVADRL98EGKZG8QTPSYXFB3OM0Y2
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Story Text: It was a visual treat for the school students, when a group of 14 German acrobats enthralled them with their virtuoso performance at Kochi in India's southern state of Kerala on Friday (July 23).
The group known as German Gymnastics and Circus, they amazed the audience with a mix of basic gymnastics and circus acts for over 45 minutes.
The troupers are aged between 15 to 18 years and they left the school children spellbound with their jugglery and balancing acts.
The gymnastics youth circus team, which is accompanied by their coach Sven Alb and other officials, will be performing at various places in Kerala state as a part of the international exchange programme between the Kerala Youth Welfare Board and its German counterpart.
Kerala also known as God's Own Country, is the home to circus artistes in India and almost all the circus troupes boast of acrobats hailing from the city of Tellicherry in the Malbar region of the state.
"We are all together 14 members of the circus group and I am the coach and we want to show different circus pictures here around Kerala," said coach Sven Alb.
The German youngsters have been receiving training in gymnastics under a school curriculum devised to incorporate sporting activities to enhance the overall development of students.
During the Indian tour, these young acrobats from the Land of Ruhr will popularise the sport and allied art forms.
"We want to come together as one world and learn from each other. It is very important that the art comes together because the art is a good thing to learn from each other," Alb added.
The acrobats will stay in India till (July 30) and will also visit Malappuram district, which is known to be a prominent hub of circus in southern India.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip. Footage contains identifiable children: users must ensure that they comply with local laws and regulations governing the publishing of this material.