- Title: Search continues for Irish girl missing for the tenth day in Malaysia
- Date: 13th August 2019
- Summary: VARIOUS POSTER OF QUOIRIN ATTACHED TO THE WALL IN TOWN AREA
- Embargoed: 27th August 2019 06:54
- Keywords: Malaysia Ireland missing girl holiday Nora Ann Quoirin
- Location: SEREMBAN, SEMBILAN STATE, MALAYSIA
- City: SEREMBAN, SEMBILAN STATE, MALAYSIA
- Country: Malaysia
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents
- Reuters ID: LVA004AS1UNNR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Authorities in Malaysia began their tenth day of search and rescue on Tuesday (August 13) for an Irish girl who went missing from a holiday resort.
Nora Ann Quoirin, a 15-year-old with learning disabilities, went missing on Aug. 4 after her family had arrived for a vacation at Dunsun resort in Seremban. The family has offered a $12,000 reward for information leading to her rescue.
Some 300 Malaysian searchers, aided by drones and sniffer dogs, are scouring the forest area near the resort and playing recordings of Nora's mother calling out to her, in their bid to locate the missing teenager.
Gusti Yandri, a shop owner in Seremban, said he had heard about the case from other local residents and felt sympathy for the family.
British, Irish and French police are in Malaysia to assist with the search, said state deputy police chief Che Zakaria Othman, declining to comment on their role in the investigation.
(Production: Danny Lau, Jiraporn Kuhakan)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Footage contains photographs or artwork. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing this clip.