- Title: Trump Jr touts "dream" Indonesia projects, denies any conflicts
- Date: 13th August 2019
- Summary: JAKARTA, INDONESIA (AUGUST 13, 2019) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT OF THE TRUMP ORGANISATION, DONALD TRUMP JR., MNC GROUP CHAIRMAN HARY TANOESOEDIBJO AND WIFE LILIANA TANAJA TANOESOEDIBJO, ENTERING MNC BUILDING AND WAVING TO MEDIA/SECURITY SECURITY ON DUTY TANOESOEDIBJO AND TRUMP SEATED AT NEWS CONFERENCE TANOESOEDIBJO SPEAKING / TRUMP SEATED (SOUNDBITE) (English) EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT OF THE TRUMP ORGANISATION, DONALD TRUMP JR., SAYING: "I'm very excited to be here, to see these two very different, very distinct projects really start coming together simultaneously. I think they both have so much to offer. Very similar from the sense of luxury, quality, opulence that they will both put forward, but very different in terms of the markets. Obviously, Lido, being something very special, something within, you know quick distance from Jakarta, completely different temperature, great escape." VARIOUS TRUMP JR.'S SON, DONALD TRUMP III, SITTING (SOUNDBITE) (English) EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT OF THE TRUMP ORGANISATION, DONALD TRUMP JR., SAYING: "Just first of all, real estate is always about about location, location, location, right? The old famous vantage, when you look at what we have in Lido, for a blossoming market here in Jakarta, to be able to have that kind of escape, in this proximity to the city, to the business, it's spectacular. The openness, the altitude difference, just what that does in terms of a change. It's truly a convenient and great escape from Jakarta." NEWS CONFERENCE IN PROGRESS (SOUNDBITE) (English) EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT OF THE TRUMP ORGANISATION, DONALD TRUMP JR., SAYING: "The two have nothing to do with each other. I haven't spoken to my father, he hasn't looked at the projects, since he sort of changed career. There is literally zero influence in one decision process as it relates to another, so it's a non-issue and non-question." TRUMP AND TANOESOEDIBJO SMILING AT EACH OTHER (SOUNDBITE) (English) EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT OF THE TRUMP ORGANISATION, DONALD TRUMP JR., SAYING: "We are doing that, but the notion that some people would say that because of the development, somewhere that my father would, you know, remotely be influenced or change U.S. policy on major issues that affects the life of hundreds of millions of Americans. And frankly, people around the world are totally asinine and so I'd like to I'd like to shut that nonsense down once in for all the way here." WIDE SHOT SHOWING PEOPLE LOOKING AT THE SMALL-SCALE MODEL OF PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS TANOESOEDIBJO SHOWING SMALL-SCALE MODEL OF PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS SMALL-SCALE MODEL OF PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT EXTERIOR OF MNC BUILDING
- Embargoed: 27th August 2019 12:48
- Keywords: Indonesia Donald Trump Jr Trump Residence Hary Tanoesoedibjo Lido MNC Group
- Location: JAKARTA, INDONESIA
- City: JAKARTA, INDONESIA
- Country: Indonesia
- Topics: Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA001AS1UX53
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Donald Trump Jr. said on Tuesday (August 13) he was upbeat on the prospects for two Trump-branded projects being developed in Indonesia and dismissed any risk of conflict of interest over involvement in the luxury resorts in Southeast Asia's biggest economy.
The eldest son of U.S. President Donald Trump is executive vice president of the Tump Organisation, which is partnering with Indonesia's MNC Group run by billionaire Hary Tanoesoedibjo.
The projects, which will include a six-star hotel, villas and a golf course, will be developed by MNC and managed by the Trump Hotel Collection, a subsidiary of the Trump Organization founded by President Trump.
Tanoesoedibjo, the chairman and chief executive of MNC Group, said the two projects would be developed in stages within three years from now and his group plans to invest $1.7 billion.
(Production: Willy Kurniawan, Heru Asprihanto, Yuddy Cahya, Joseph Campbell)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None