- Title: Gibraltar attorney general arrives at court ahead of Grace 1 hearing
- Date: 15th August 2019
- Summary: GIBRALTAR (AUGUST 15, 2019) (REUTERS) MICHAEL LLAMAS ATTORNEY GENERAL FOR GIBRALTAR ARRIVING AT GIBRALTAR COURT SERVICE BUILDING AND WAVING AS HE IS ASKED ABOUT THE SITUATION OF THE OIL TANKER GRACE 1 EXTERIOR OF GIBRALTAR COURTS SERVICE BUILDING SHIELD ON TOP OF GIBRALTAR COURTS SERVICE BUILDING BRITISH POLICE OFFICERS OUTSIDE COURT BUILDING LLAMAS LEAVING THE COURT AS JOURNALIST TALKS WITH HIM MIST COVERING GIBRALTAR COASTLINE
- Embargoed: 29th August 2019 10:03
- Keywords: Iran Oil tanker Gibraltar Grace 1
- Location: GIBRALTAR
- City: GIBRALTAR
- Country: Gibraltar
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001ASBWG1Z
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Gibraltar's attorney general Michael Llamas was seen arriving at a court service building on Thursday (August 15), on the day the fate of Iranian tanker Grace 1 will be deliberated.
The United States has applied to seize the Iranian Grace 1 tanker in Gibraltar commandeered by British Royal Marines in the Mediterranean last month, complicating a possible tanker swap between Britain and the Islamic Republic.
"The U.S. Department of Justice has applied to seize the Iranian supertanker Grace 1 in Gibraltar, just hours before the Gibraltar Government was poised to release it," the Gibraltar Chronicle reported.
The application means that a decision on the Grace 1 will not be made until later on Thursday, the newspaper said.
The government of Gibraltar did not immediately comment on the report.
Gibraltar's attorney general Llamas was seen leaving the court minutes after arriving.
(Production: Marco Trujillo, Mariano Valladolid, Silvio Castellanos)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None