- Title: Irish girl's body removed from Malaysian hospital after autopsy
- Date: 16th August 2019
- Summary: SEREMBAN, SEMBILAN STATE, MALAYSIA (AUGUST 17, 2019) (REUTERS) (NIGHT SHOTS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF SECURITY GUARDS WAITING NEAR AND INSIDE HOSPITAL VAN BACKING UP TO HOSPITAL EXIT STRETCHER UNLOADED FROM VAN COFFIN WITH BODY LOADED INTO VAN STAFF GETTING INTO VAN VAN DRIVES OFF HOSPITAL SIGN READING (Bahasa Malaysia): ''JABATAN PERUBATAN FORENSIK HOSPITAL TUANKU JA'AFAR, SEREMBAN'' SECURITY GUARD STANDING IN FRONT OF FORENSIC DEPARTMENT
- Embargoed: 30th August 2019 19:42
- Keywords: Malaysia Ireland Nora Anne Quoirin accident
- Location: SEREMBAN, SEMBILAN STATE, MALAYSIA
- City: SEREMBAN, SEMBILAN STATE, MALAYSIA
- Country: Malaysia
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents
- Reuters ID: LVA001ASGXTMV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The body of the Irish teenager who went missing in Malaysia was moved early on Saturday (August 17) from the hospital where her autopsy was carried out.
The family of Nora Anne Quoirin, who suffered from learning difficulties, say she will be laid to rest ''close to her loving families in Ireland and France''.
Malaysian police on Thursday (August 15) ruled out abduction as a motive in her disappearance.
She was found dead near a jungle stream after a 10-day search, and police said they had found no signs pointing to foul play.
The naked body of Quoirin, 15, who suffered from learning difficulties, was found on Tuesday (August 13) after she went missing from a rainforest resort in Seremban, about 70 km (44 miles) south of the Malaysian capital.
Police found no evidence pointing to foul play, they said.
French authorities said on Wednesday (August 14) they had opened a criminal investigation into Quoirin's case for kidnapping on Aug. 9. Quoirin's mother is from Belfast and her father is French.
Malaysian police said an autopsy on Wednesday established that Quoirin had died from internal bleeding, probably caused by prolonged hunger and stress. She had suffered intestinal damage, and died two or three days before her body was found, they added.
(Production: Jiraporn Kuhakan, Hywel Davies)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None