- Title: Myanmar migrant workers convicted of killing two British backpackers enter court
- Date: 29th August 2019
- Summary: NONTHABURI PROVINCE, THAILAND (AUGUST 29, 2019) (REUTERS) PRISON VAN ARRIVING COURT DETENTION COMPOUND / PHOTOGRAPHERS TAKING PHOTOS BEHIND FENCE MYANMAR WORKERS ZAW LIN AND WIN ZAW HTUN DISEMBARKING FROM VAN EXTERIOR OF NONTHABURI PROVINCIAL COURT COURT EMBLEM MEDIA OUTSIDE OF THE COURT DETENTION COMPOUND
- Embargoed: 12th September 2019 04:25
- Keywords: British backpackers court crime Thailand murder
- Location: NONTHABURI, THAILAND
- City: NONTHABURI, THAILAND
- Country: Thailand
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Judicial Process/Court Cases/Court Decisions
- Reuters ID: LVA001AU9RL1J
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Two Myanmar workers convicted of killing two British backpackers on a Thai holiday island in 2014, arrived at a court in Nonthaburi province on Thursday (August 29) to hear the verdict of their final appeal in the case.
Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun were accused of the murder of tourists Hannah Witheridge, 23, and David Miller, 24, which shocked Thailand and rocked the popular island tourist destination of Koh Tao.
The two were convicted in 2015 of murder, which carried a death sentence.
The pair made a final appeal at Thailand's supreme court in 2017 to reverse the decision.
(Production: Prapan Chankaew, Athit Perawongmetha, Afiq Satikin, Peter Blaza)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None