- Title: Pence arrives in Poland for 80th anniversary of start of World War Two
- Date: 1st September 2019
- Summary: WARSAW, POLAND (SEPTEMBER 1, 2019) (REUTERS) PLANE WITH U.S. VICE PRESIDENT MIKE PENCE AND HIS WIFE KAREN PENCE ON TARMAC PENCE AND WIFE GETTING OUT OF PLANE AND WAVING U.S. FLAG ON PLANE PENCE AND WIFE WALKING DOWN PLANE STAIRS, BEING GREETED BY OFFICIALS OFFICIAL CARS PARKED BY PLANE MIKE PENCE TALKING TO OFFICIALS, WALKING TOWARDS CARS AND GETTING IN CARS MOVING / PENCE INSIDE CAR VARIOUS OF CARS DRIVING AWAY PLANE ON TARMAC
- Embargoed: 15th September 2019 10:24
- Keywords: Pence arrival World War Two Trump Poland
- Location: WARSAW, POLAND
- City: WARSAW, POLAND
- Country: Poland
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001AUTSSHZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. Vice President Mike Pence landed in Warsaw on Sunday (September 1) to take part in the events commemorating 80 years since the start of World War Two in Poland, where the conflict is still a live political issue.
Delegates from about 40 countries, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel, will attend the main ceremony at Pilsudski Square in the centre of the Polish capital.
On his two-day trip Pence, who is coming after President Donald Trump abruptly cancelled a planned trip due to a hurricane, will hold bilateral meetings with Polish President Andrzej Duda and Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki.
A senior White House official said on Friday (August 30) the United States and Poland may sign an agreement aimed at securing 5G networks during vice president's visit in Warsaw.
No announcement is expected from Pence about Poland's request to join the U.S. visa waiver program.
(Production: Dato Chkhikvishvili, Malgorzata Wojtunik)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None