- Title: Pence pleased Poland nearly ready for U.S. visa program
- Date: 2nd September 2019
- Summary: WARSAW, POLAND (SEPTEMBER 2, 2019) (REUTERS) POLISH PRESIDENT ANDRZEJ DUDA AND HIS WIFE AGATA KORNHAUSER-DUDA STANDING OUTSIDE PRESIDENTIAL PALACE / CAR WITH U.S. VICE PRESIDENT MIKE PENCE AND HIS WIFE KAREN PENCE ARRIVING SOLDIERS STANDING GUARD VARIOUS OF PENCE AND HIS WIFE BEING GREETED BY THE DUDAS PENCES AND DUDAS ENTERING PRESIDENTIAL PALACE POLISH AND U.S. FLAGS WAVING PENCE'S CAR BEING PARKED U.S. FLAG AND FLAG OF GREAT SEAL OF THE UNITED STATES ON CAR
- Embargoed: 16th September 2019 10:31
- Keywords: Mike Pence Andrzej Duda Poland U.S. Pence and Duda meet Poland - U.S. bilateral
- Location: WARSAW, POLAND
- City: WARSAW, POLAND
- Country: Poland
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001AUYSDAF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: PART QUALITY AS INCOMING
U.S. Vice President Michael Pence said on Monday (September 2) he was happy that Poland is nearly ready for a visa waiver program.
Pence was speaking during a meeting with Polish President Andrzej Duda in Warsaw, on his second day of the trip to Poland.
Around 10 million Poles live in the United States, making them one of the country's biggest ethnic minorities.
On Sunday (September 1) Pence was among delegates from over 40 countries who came to Warsaw to commemorate 80 years since the start of World War Two in Poland.
Ireland, Iceland and Britain are next stops on Pence's European trip.
(Production: David Chkhikvishvili, Malgorzata Wojtunik, Louisa Naks)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None