- Title: Pope receives warm welcome in Madagascar
- Date: 6th September 2019
- Summary: ANTANANARIVO, MADAGASCAR (SEPTEMBER 6, 2019) (REUTERS FOR AGENCY POOL) POPE BEING GREETED STANDING NEXT TO MADAGASCAR PRESIDENT ANDRY RAJOELINA VARIOUS OF POPE AND RAJOELINA WALKING PAST HONOUR GUARD CHILDREN AND SOLDIERS STANDING VARIOUS OF POPE AND RAJOELINA STANDING AS BANDS PLAY ANTHEMS SOLDIER STANDING TO ATTENTION WITH BAYONET ON RIFLE POPE AND RAJOELINA WALKING ALONG RED CARPET PEOPLE WAVING TRADITIONAL MADAGASCAR HATS IN WELCOME VARIOUS OF POPE WATCHING CHILDREN SINGING POPE STANDING WITH DIGNITARIES VARIOUS OF PEOPLE SINGING AND WATCHING WELCOME CEREMONY AS DUSK FALLS
- Embargoed: 20th September 2019 17:13
- Keywords: Pope Francis Madagascar President Andry Rajoelina Antananarivo
- Location: ANTANANARIVO, MADAGASCAR
- City: ANTANANARIVO, MADAGASCAR
- Country: Madagascar
- Topics: Religion/Belief,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA001AVITTFR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Pope Francis arrived to a vibrant welcome in Madagascar on Friday (September 6) with military honours and dancing children.
Local youth groups waved traditional Madagascan hats in welcome as the pope and President Andry Rajoelina walked along the red carpet after hearing the anthems for both the Vatican and the host nation.
A group of colourfully dressed children danced and sang as the pope walked past.
This is the second leg of the pontiff's six-day trip in Africa. He will travel to Mauritius at the end of his visit.
(Production: Antonio Denti, Eleanor Biles)
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.