- Title: Trump envoy to Ukraine Volker resigns -CNN
- Date: 28th September 2019
- Summary: ODESSA, UKRAINE (FILE - FEBRUARY 26, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF U.S. GUIDED MISSILE DESTROYER DONALD COOK DOCKED IN PORT VARIOUS OF U.S. SPECIAL REPRESENTATIVE FOR UKRAINE NEGOTIATIONS KURT VOLKER AND MEMBERS OF U.S. DELEGATION GREETING U.S. NAVY OFFICERS U.S. FLAG WAVING IN FRONT OF U.S. GUIDED MISSILE DESTROYER DONALD COOK DOCKED IN PORT U.S. SPECIAL REPRESENTATIVE FOR UKRAINE NEGOTIATIONS, KURT VOLKER, AT PODIUM (NOT A SOUNDBITE) CHIEF OF UKRAINIAN NAVY FORCES IHOR VOROCHENKO (RIGHT) AND U.S. AMBASSADOR TO UKRAINE MARIE YOVANOVITCH (LEFT) LISTENING VOLKER SPEAKING AT PODIUM (NOT A SOUNDBITE) U.S. GUIDED MISSILE DESTROYER DONALD COOK DOCKED IN PORT
- Embargoed: 12th October 2019 01:24
- Keywords: Kurt Volker Trump whistleblower investigation
- Location: ODESSA, UKRAINE
- City: ODESSA, UKRAINE
- Country: Ukraine
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001AYFQATJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. President Donald Trump's special representative for Ukraine, Kurt Volker, resigned on Friday (September 27), CNN reported, after being named in a whistleblower complaint relating to a July 25 phone call between Trump and Ukraine's president.
According to the whistleblower complaint from within the intelligence community, Volker spoke with Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani to try to "contain the damage" from his efforts to press Ukraine to investigate Trump's political rival Joe Biden.
Volker's resignation was first reported by the State Press, a student-run publication at Arizona State University, which backs a think tank where Volker serves as executive director.
(Production: Arlene Eiras)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None