- Title: Hong Kong protesters hurl petrol bombs, defy tear gas
- Date: 29th September 2019
- Summary: HONG KONG, CHINA (SEPTEMBER 29, 2019) (REUTERS) PETROL BOMBS /PROTESTER HURLING GARBAGE BIN AT VEHICLE POLICE HOLDING UP BLACK FLAG POLICE HOLDING UP TEAR GAS GUN PROTESTERS HIDING UNDER UMBRELLAS POLICE FIRING TEAR GAS VARIOUS PROTESTERS RUNNING FROM TEAR GAS PROTESTERS HIDING UNDER UMBRELLA PROTESTERS USE BRICKS TO HIT THE ROAD VARIOUS PROTESTERS RETREATING FROM TEAR GAS VARIOUS PROTESTERS HITTING A SURVEILLANCE CAMERA
- Embargoed: 13th October 2019 12:25
- Keywords: Hong Kong protest China vandalism petrol bomb surveillance camera
- Location: HONG KONG, CHINA
- City: HONG KONG, CHINA
- Country: Hong Kong
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Civil Unrest
- Reuters ID: LVA001AYPL5JB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Hong Kong protesters on Sunday (September 29) threw petrol bombs and dodged tear gas as thousands took to the streets to continue their protest.
The protest on Sunday followed after another night of violent clashes with police after weeks of pro-democracy unrest in the Chinese-ruled city. Protests were sparked in June by planned legislation, since withdrawn, that would have allowed the extradition of suspected criminals to mainland China. But they have since expanded into a broader pro-democracy movement.
More protests are planned in the run up to China's the October 1 National Day, marking the 70th anniversary of the founding of People's Republic.
(Production: Xihao Jiang, Yiming Woo, Ebrahim Harris, Angie Teo)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None