- Title: Mexicans pay respects to beloved crooner Jose Jose by song
- Date: 5th October 2019
- Summary: CROWD OF PEOPLE IN MEXICO CITY'S ALAMEDA CENTRAL PARK
- Embargoed: 19th October 2019 00:12
- Keywords: Mexico Jose Jose singer karaoke ballads Mexican homage Prince of Song
- Location: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO
- City: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO
- Country: Mexico
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA00AAZOOMKN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: People from all walks of life gathered in Mexico City's Alameda Central Park on Friday (October 4) to pay their respects to their beloved native crooner Jose Jose in the best way they knew how - by singing along to his ballads.
Jose Jose, whose powerful, romantic ballads captivated Latin America for more than half a century, died on Saturday (September 28).
Jose Jose received several Grammy nominations, sold more than 250 million albums and was once courted by music legend Frank Sinatra, who wanted to win him for his own label.
He is often considered Mexico's most successful singer and was also an occasional actor.
(Production: Josue Gonzalez)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.