- Title: Potesters target China's Hong Kong barracks with laser lights
- Date: 6th October 2019
- Summary: HONG KONG, CHINA (OCTOBER 6, 2019) (REUTERS) (NIGHT SHOTS) VARIOUS OF COLOURED LIGHTS FROM LASERS BEING SHONE ON CHINA'S HONG KONG MILITARY GARRISON BARRACKS AND TROOPS SHINING SPOTLIGHTS BACK AT PROTESTERS
- Embargoed: 20th October 2019 14:50
- Keywords: Hong Kong protest Hong Kong laser lights shone on barracks protesters shine lasers onto barracks Hong Kong unrest protests
- Location: HONG KONG, CHINA
- City: HONG KONG, CHINA
- Country: Hong Kong
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Civil Unrest,Editors' Choice
- Reuters ID: LVA001AZYLHZB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:China's Hong Kong military garrison warned protesters on Sunday (October 6) they could be arrested for targeting its barracks in the city with laser lights.
As a few hundred protesters shone laser lights on the barrack walls, troops in fatigues on the roof of the building shone spotlights at protesters and used binoculars and cameras to monitor protesters.
In the first direct interaction between the People's Liberation Army (PLA) and protesters, the PLA raised a yellow flag with the arrest warning written in large letters, said a Reuters witness.
Authorities are bracing for two major protests on Sunday, fearing a recurrence of Friday (October 4) night's violent protests which saw the Asian financial center virtually shut down the next day.
(Production: Jessie Pang, Louisa Naks)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None