- Title: Pakistani PM Khan meets China's Premier Li
- Date: 8th October 2019
- Summary: KHAN AND LI WALKING ONTO THE STAGE CHINESE NATIONAL FLAG FLYING VARIOUS OF KHAN AND LI WALKING ON THE RED CARPET INSPECTING GUARDS
- Embargoed: 22nd October 2019 12:48
- Keywords: China Pakistan Li Keqiang Imran Khan
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA002B08ISEF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan met Chinese Premier Li Keqiang in Beijing on Tuesday (October 8) to discuss the security situation in the disputed region of Kashmir as well as economic ties.
After an official welcome, the two held bilateral talks.
Khan's visit also include talks on the progress of the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), the $60 billion infrastructure program China launched as part of its flagship "Belt and Road" project.
Chinese Foreign Ministry said Tuesday (October 8) China hoped India and Pakistan would strengthen dialogue on disputes including that over Kashmir to enhance mutual trust and improve relations.
Tensions over Kashmir have risen drastically since August when New Delhi revoked the autonomy of its portion of the territory, which both India and Pakistan rule in part and claim in full.
(Production: Thomas Suen, Martin Pollard)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Footage contains photographs or artwork. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing this clip.