- Title: Politics and falafel - Zelenskiy holds press marathon in food court
- Date: 10th October 2019
- Summary: KIEV, UKRAINE (OCTOBER 10, 2019) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF FOOD COURT "KIEVFOODMARKET" ACTIVISTS HOLDING PROTEST PLACARDS NEAR SECURITY GATES / JOURNALISTS PASSING VARIOUS OF JOURNALISTS PASSING THROUGH SECURITY GATES MOTORCADE OF ZELENSKIY DRIVING FOOD COURT VARIOUS OF EMPLOYEES COOKING FOOD VARIOUS OF UKRAINIAN PRESIDENT VOLODYMYR ZELENSKIY TAKING BOTTLE OF JUICE, GETTING MICROPHONE SET UP, WALKING AWAY (SOUNDBITE) (Ukrainian) SONCE TV EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, NATALIA IVCHENKO, SAYING: "From the visual point of view it will be OK. I can tell you this as a TV journalist. It looks nice, good light, nice sparks. Everything is just great. But as for the content, the meaning, I think it is not the best location. People made a lot of jokes about it already - president at a bazar, "flood-market", etc. But we will see. It is for the first time that we have such an experience, let's see." VARIOUS OF ZELENSKIY SEEN TALKING TO JOURNALISTS MEDIA
- Embargoed: 24th October 2019 12:04
- Keywords: Ukraine president Volodymyr Zelenskiy press marathon media marathon foodcourt
- Location: KIEV, UKRAINE
- City: KIEV, UKRAINE
- Country: Ukraine
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001B0IKU9L
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Hundreds of Ukrainian journalists had a chance to share a table with President Volodymyr Zelenskiy on Thursday (October 10) as he ran an unusual media-marathon in a Kiev food court.
Snacks were served and coffee flowed in litres as president and reporters from the country's major newspapers, television channels and radio stations asked their questions to Zelenskiy in informal groups of ten.
President's team published an accreditation invitation on his Facebook page on Wednesday (October 9) saying media representatives can apply for 30 minute slots with Zelenskiy - an unusual move which was quickly compared to a speed-dating event by some commentators online.
Zelenskiy took hundreds of questions and was eager to pose for photographers among stalls with delicacies and shelves with wine bottles.
A rare opportunity for the Ukrainian media to speak with the president at length emerged as Zelenskiy got into international spotlight after a transcript of his telephone conversation with President Trump triggered calls for impeachment in the U.S.
The press marathon started at 10 a.m. local time (7 a.m. GMT) and was expected to last for up to 10 hours, presidential press service said.
(Production: Sergiy Karazy, Dmitry Turlyun)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None