- Title: India's September passenger vehicle sales dive 24% as slowdown persists
- Date: 11th October 2019
- Summary: MANESAR, HARYANA, INDIA (FILE - SEPTEMBER 02, 2019) (REUTERS) (HD) SKYLINE OF MANUFACTURING HUB WITH ROWS OF CARS READY FOR DELIVERY NEWLY-MANUFACTURED SUZUKI CARS PARKED INSIDE INDIA'S LARGEST CAR MAKER MARUTI SUZUKI'S FACTORY NEW DELHI, INDIA (FILE - AUGUST, 2019) (REUTERS) (HD) EXTERIOR OF A TATA MOTORS SHOWROOM VARIOUS OF VEHICLES PARKED OUTSIDE THE SHOWROOM VARIOUS OF VEHICLES OUTSIDE MORRIS GARAGES SHOWROOM AUTOMOBILE SHOWROOMS
- Embargoed: 25th October 2019 11:26
- Keywords: India automobile sale auto sector economy GDP Nirmala Sitharaman manufacturing
- Location: NEW DELHI/PUNE, MAHARASHTRA/MANESAR, HARYANA/ BENGALURU, KARNATAKA, INDIA
- City: NEW DELHI/PUNE, MAHARASHTRA/MANESAR, HARYANA/ BENGALURU, KARNATAKA, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA004B0NJWWF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: India's passenger vehicle sales slumped 23.7% in September, the eleventh straight month of declines, prompting an industry body to flag more job cuts if sales failed to pick up soon.
Passenger vehicle sales dropped to 223,317 units in September, the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) data showed, while passenger car sales dived 33.4% to 131,281 units.
On Friday, SIAM's President Rajan Wadhera said it expected some improvement in the situation on the back of the festive season.
SIAM's data comes as the domestic automobile industry faces a crippling slowdown in demand that has led to production cuts and thousands of job losses. The industry is seeing, its longest ever streak of sales decline.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None