- Title: Rebels control border gate in Tel Abyad as night falls
- Date: 13th October 2019
- Summary: TEL ABYAD, SYRIA (AS FILMED FROM AKCAKALE, TURKEY) (OCTOBER 13, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF SMOKE BILLOWING OUT FROM SYRIAN BORDER TOWN TEL ABYAD / TURKISH FLAG ON TURKISH SIDE TURKEY-BACKED REBELS PATROLLING ALONG BORDER / SMOKE BILLOWING OUT AS BUSHES BURN BUSHES ON FIRE / SMOKE BILLOWING OUT ARMOURED PERSONNEL CARRIER WITH REBEL ON TOP DECK DRIVING ALONG ROAD IN TEL ABYAD REBEL THROWING CLOTHES ONTO BURNING BUSHES / WALKING AWAY WHITE SMOKE BILLOWING OUT VEHICLE DRIVING WITH REBELS IN THE BACK VARIOUS OF REBELS AT BORDER POST ON SYRIAN SIDE MILITARY VEHICLES ARRIVING REBELS NEAR BORDER FENCE REBELS NEAR MILITARY VEHICLES MEN STANDING AT BORDER AS NIGHT FALLS UNDERNEATH A FULL MOON
- Embargoed: 27th October 2019 16:10
- Keywords: Syria Turkey military operation Kurdish militia border town Tel Abyad
- Location: TEL ABYAD, SYRIA (AS FILMED FROM AKCAKALE, TURKEY)
- City: TEL ABYAD, SYRIA (AS FILMED FROM AKCAKALE, TURKEY)
- Country: Turkey
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Military Conflicts
- Reuters ID: LVA001B0XKHTZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Turkey-backed rebels patrolled along the Syrian-Turkish border crossing on Sunday (October 13) as night fell on the Syrian town of Tel Abyad which was captured earlier in the day, the fifth day of Turkey's military campaign in the region.
Plumes of smoke were seen from the Turkish side of the border, Akcakale, as bushes nearby were put on fire.
The Turkish army and its Syrian rebel allies advanced into the center of the Syrian town of Tel Abyad on Sunday where the situation was calm and they were conducting search operations, a Reuters witness said.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a UK-based organization that reports on the conflict, said Turkey and its allies were in almost complete control of the town.
(Production: Mehmet Caliskan, Deniz Uyar)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None