- Title: Models strut on catwalk in art museum for Moscow Fashion Week
- Date: 15th October 2019
- Summary: MODEL IN RUSSIAN HEADDRESSES (KOKOSHNIKS) WALKING FEMALE STATUE'S BUST
- Embargoed: 29th October 2019 11:11
- Keywords: fashion show fashion week runway runway in museum Pishkin museum Moscow museum
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- City: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA003B17K4S9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Moscow's Pushkin Museum broke with tradition on Monday night (October 14) opening its doors to models and fashionistas as part of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia.
Its black and white marble statues provided the backdrop to the unveiling of Russian fashion designer Alena Akhmadullina's colourful Spring-Summer 2020 collection.
The clothing range takes inspiration from Russian artist Mikhail Vrubel's painting The Swan Princess, combining traditional Russian motifs with modern fashion trends.
Swans and traditional Russian headdresses, or kokoshniks, feature in the collection.
Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week Russia will run in Moscow until Saturday (October 19) featuring 114 designers.
(Production: Gennadiy Novik, Peter Scott, Kateryna Malofieieva)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.