- Title: SM Entertainment expresses sorrow at loss of K-pop star Sulli
- Date: 15th October 2019
- Summary: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (FILE) (REUTERS) SIGN SHOWING SM ENTERTAINMENT LOGO EXTERIOR OF SM ENTERTAINMENT BUILDING SIGN OF SM ENTERTAINMENT EXTERIOR OF SM ENTERTAINMENT EMBLEM OF SM ENTERTAINMENT
- Embargoed: 29th October 2019 02:47
- Keywords: South Korea K-pop f(x) Sulli death
- Location: INTERNET / SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- City: INTERNET / SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- Country: South Korea
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA002B17HGEF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Management agency S.M. Entertainment expressed condolences and sorrow after a former member of top South Korean girl group f(x), who had spoken out against cyber bullying, was found dead, according to a statement released on Monday (October 14).
The body of Choi Jin-ri, better known by her stage name Sulli, 25, was discovered on Monday at her home in Seongnam, south of the capital, Seoul, police said.
"Sulli has left us. We cannot believe the current situation and it is just heart-rending," S.M. Entertainment said in a statement.
Sulli debuted with the five-member f(x) in 2009. It became one of the most popular girl groups in South Korea and helped fuel the global K-pop craze.
Sulli left the group in 2015 and launched a career as a solo singer and actress. Most recently, she appeared on a television programme in which K-pop stars discussed their experiences with malevolent online comments.
(Production: Daewoung Kim, Hyunyoung Yi)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None