- Title: Injured Neymar sidelined for four weeks - PSG
- Date: 14th October 2019
- Summary: SINGAPORE (RECENT - OCTOBER 9, 2019) (REUTERS) BRAZIL FORWARD, NEYMAR, TRAINING AMONGST BRAZIL TEAM MATES NEYMAR DURING TRAINING, DRIBBLING WITH THE BALL BRAZIL COACH, TITE NEYMAR, DURING TRAINING BRAZIL TRAINING UNDERWAY NEYMAR, DURING TRAINING BRAZIL PLAYERS WARMING UP
- Embargoed: 28th October 2019 17:02
- Keywords: Neymar Paris St Germain medical check up Brazil Nigeria PSG
- Location: SINGAPORE
- City: SINGAPORE
- Country: Singapore
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA001B12MGQN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Paris St Germain forward Neymar will be out of action for four weeks because of a thigh injury, the Ligue 1 leaders said on Monday (October 14).
"Neymar underwent an MRI (scan) this afternoon... a medical checkup will be done in eight days but his return to competition is expected in four weeks depending on the evolution (of the injury)," PSG said in a statement.
Neymar picked up the injury during Brazil's 1-1 draw against Nigeria in a friendly game in Singapore on Sunday (October 13).
The striker is set to miss PSG's two Champions League games against Club Brugge next week and on November 6.
(Production: Kurt Michael Hall)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None