- Title: Four killed in Bangladesh over Facebook post
- Date: 21st October 2019
- Summary: BHOLA, BANGLADESH (OCTOBER 20, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF PEOPLE STANDING BESIDE BODY OF MAN KILLED IN CLASHES WITH POLICE AT A LOCAL HOSPITAL
- Embargoed: 4th November 2019 10:47
- Keywords: Bangladesh police clashes dead Facebook
- Location: BHOLA, BANGLADESH
- City: BHOLA, BANGLADESH
- Country: Bangladesh
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Insurgencies
- Reuters ID: LVA001B21G3T3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: EDIT CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES
At least four people were killed and about 50 injured on Sunday (October 20) in clashes with police in Bangladesh over a Facebook post that offended Muslims, officials said.
The clashes in the southern district of Bhola, 195 km (120 miles) from the capital Dhaka, broke out when angry crowds protested against a Facebook post in which a Hindu reportedly made derogatory remarks about Prophet Mohammad.
Police said the Facebook had actually been hacked and all the hackers had been detained.
Four people were killed and a policeman suffered bullet wounds during the clash, according to the superintendent of police in Bhola. Border guards and additional police have been sent to Bhola.
(Production: Rafiqur Rahman, Travis Teo)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: WARNING: Editors please note, this clip contains graphic material