- Title: China's Xi meets with South Korea's Moon ahead of trilateral meeting
- Date: 23rd December 2019
- Summary: BEIJING, CHINA (DECEMBER 23, 2019) (AGENCY POOL) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** SOUTH KOREAN PRESIDENT MOON JAE-IN WALKING TOWARDS CHINESE PRESIDENT XI JINPING/ XI AND MOON SHAKING HANDS MOON AND XI SHAKING HANDS AND POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPH CHINA AND SOUTH KOREA DELEGATES SEATED IN MEETING XI SPEAKING MOON SPEAKING XI SPEAKING / CHINESE OFFICIALS SITTING MOON SPEAKING / SOUTH KOREAN OFFICIALS SITTING
- Embargoed: 6th January 2020 05:08
- Keywords: China-South Korea relations Japan Moon Jae-in Peninsula issues Xi Jinping trilateral meeting
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001BB72ONB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Chinese President Xi Jinping met with his South Korean counterpart Moon Jae-in on Monday (December 23) in Beijing just ahead of a trilateral meeting that will be held between leaders from China, Japan, and South Korea.
During their meeting, Moon told Xi that stalled denuclearisation talks and a recent flare-up in tension between the United States and North Korea are not beneficial for Pyongyang.
Moon is visiting China for a trilateral meeting between him, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and Chinese Premier Li Keqiang in the southwestern city of Chengdu that will be held on Tuesday (December 24).
Though various economic matters will also be on the agenda - as well as tensions between Seoul and Tokyo - North Korea appears likely to dominate the agenda.
(Production: Fang Nanlin, Joseph Campbell)
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None