- Title: Indian fashion students showcase talent using traditional designs
- Date: 27th December 2019
- Summary: FEMALE MODELS WEARING 'LEHENGA' (INDIAN TRADITIONAL LONG SKIRT) DANCING ON STAGE VARIOUS OF FEMALE MODELS WEARING 'LEHENGA' WALKING ON THE RAMP / MODELS SHOWCASING THEIR DRESSES FEMALE MODEL HOLDING THE HAND OF THE FASHION STUDENT AND WALKING ON THE RAMP / MODEL AND STUDENT SHOWING GRATITUDE SPECTATORS SITTING AND WATCHING THE SHOW
- Embargoed: 10th January 2020 10:18
- Keywords: Chaniya choli Fashion show Gujarat IFJD Lehenga Patola Rajkot models
- Location: RAJKOT, GUJARAT, INDIA
- City: RAJKOT, GUJARAT, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA003BBR2YXB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Fashion designing students in India's western Rajkot city on Thursday (December 26) presented a colorful fashion show where they incorporated local weaving techniques using traditional patterns.
Models were seen sporting a range of ethnic attires with traditional Patola weaving and motifs. The models were in awe with the designs that were churned out of the young minds.
The collection included printed and embroidered 'Lehenga' (Indian long skirt), Chaniya Choli (traditional dress worn by women in eastern Gujarat state), and dresses with Indian and western fusion.
The students presented the show in 12 sequences, in which, over 140 designer attires were displayed.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.