- Title: Trump to deliver State of the Union address on Feb. 4
- Date: 20th December 2019
- Summary: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES (DECEMBER 20, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF LETTER BY NANCY PELOSI INVITING PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP TO STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS
- Embargoed: 3rd January 2020 22:06
- Keywords: Pelosi State of the Union Trump impeachment letter
- Location: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- City: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001BAS7NT3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. President Donald Trump will deliver his annual State of the Union speech on Feb. 4 after accepting an invitation from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Friday (December 20).
Pelosi extended the invitation for Trump to address a joint session of the U.S. Congress in a letter that was posted to Twitter by her spokesman, Drew Hammill.
Trump's address could be a feisty one. The invitation comes two days after the Democratic-controlled House of Representatives voted to approve two articles of impeachment against Trump.
The Republican-controlled Senate is expect to hold an impeachment trial beginning in early January. Trump's ouster through the impeachment process appeared unlikely.
White House spokesman Hogan Gidley said Trump had accepted the speaker's invitation to speak.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None