- Title: River fair in northeastern India draws huge crowd
- Date: 2nd January 2020
- Summary: CHIRANG, ASSAM, INDIA (JANUARY 02, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) GATE TO FAIR PEOPLE WALKING INTO THE FAIR VARIOUS OF VISITORS TAKING A TRUCK RIDE BOAT TABLEAU ON DISPLAY LETTERS READING (Hindi and English): 'DWIJING FESTIVAL' ON RIVER AIE VISITORS TAKING BOAT RIDE VISITORS WALKING ON JETTY HELICOPTER CARRYING VISITORS TAKING OFF HELICOPTER LANDING VISITORS WALKING VISITORS GETTING OFF THE HELICOPTER VARIOUS OF VISITORS TAKING ELEPHANT RIDE VARIOUS OF BALLOON BEING INFLATED PINWHEELS (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) GENERAL-SECRETARY, DWIJING FESTIVAL, ASHOK KUMAR BHRAHMA, SAYING: "People of all ages can come here for recreational activities. There is a blend of music, culture, adventure sports here."
- Embargoed: 16th January 2020 16:31
- Keywords: Assam Chirang Dwijing festival India culture elephants river festival wrestling
- Location: CHIRANG, ASSAM, INDIA
- City: CHIRANG, ASSAM, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA001BUHBLU7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT IS IN HIGH DEFINITION
A 12-day-long river fair 'Dwijing festival' is grabbing eyeballs in India's northeastern state of Assam with hundreds of tourists thronging the banks of river Aie to take part in the New Year festivities.
The festival has a number of activities including adventure sports, helicopter rides, elephant rides and gives tourists first-hand experience of Assam's ethnic culture and cuisine.
The cultural extravaganza is being held annually since 2016 and provides employment opportunities to the local population while also promoting river tourism in the state.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None