'We miss your laughter': French relatives of Ethiopian Airlines victims remember loved onesRecord ID: 1462866
- Title: 'We miss your laughter': French relatives of Ethiopian Airlines victims remember loved ones
- Date: 9th March 2020
- Summary: BISHOFTU, ETHIOPIA (FILE - MARCH 11, 2019) (REUTERS) FATHER AND MOTHER OF CRASHED PLANE'S PILOT CRYING AT THE CRASH SITE CANDLE FLAME BURNING, GRIEVING FAMILY MEMBERS SEATED UNDER A TENT BISHOFTU, ETHIOPIA (FILE - MARCH 12, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF BEREAVED FAMILY MEMBERS CRYING AT THE SCENE OF THE CRASH CRASH SITE INVESTIGATORS PICKING DEBRIS AT SCENE OF CRASH VARIOUS OF RELATIVES CRYING AT SCENE RED CROSS VOLUNTEER HOLDING THREE PASSPORTS
- Keywords: Boeing 737 Max Ethiopian Airlines flight 302 French victims crash
- Reuters ID: LVA004C4C01MV
- Location: ADDIS ABABA AND BISHOFTU, ETHIOPIA/ INTERNET
- City: ADDIS ABABA AND BISHOFTU, ETHIOPIA/ INTERNET
- Country: France
- Duration: 00:01:12
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Air Accidents,Disaster/Accidents
- Story Text:Virginie Fricaudet's brother Xavier was one of the 157 people killed when an Ethiopian Airlines flight crashed in 2019.
Ten of the victims were French.
At a ceremony at the French embassy at Addis Ababa on Monday (March 9), relatives of the French victims laid flowers, and consoled each other.
At the small gathering, Fricaudet read out a poem addressed to her brother, who worked as a teacher at the French school in Nairobi.
After her brother's death, Fricadeut created an association supporting the victims' families, which now has more than 300 members.
The accident, following the 2018 crash of the same model plane in Indonesia killing 189 people, led to the grounding of Boeing's 737 MAX worldwide, wiped billions off the company's value and sparked hundreds of lawsuits from bereaved families.
(Kumerra Gemechu, Yiming Woo)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:23rd March 2020 16:24
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None