- Title: Landslide blocks key road, halts transportation in Indian Kashmir
- Date: 14th March 2020
- Summary: UDAMPUR, JAMMU AND KASHMIR, INDIA (MARCH 14, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) ROAD BLOCKED BY BOULDERS AFTER LANDSLIDE EXCAVATOR AND PEOPLE ON ROAD PEOPLE STANDING NEAR LANDSLIDE AREA WORKERS DRILLING BOULDER EXCAVATOR CLEARING AWAY BOULDERS PEOPLE WALKING ON ROAD PEOPLE CLIMBING HILL VIEW OF RIVER (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) COMMUTER, SONU KUMAR, SAYING: "We are walking and climbing hills (to cross the road). There is a lot of problemâ€¦we have kids with usâ€¦ we are facing a lot of problems." EXCAVATOR CLEARING AWAY BOULDERS WORKERS DRILLING BOULDER/EXCAVATOR CLEARING ROAD PEOPLE WALKING
- Keywords: India Jammu and Kashmir Kashmir Ramnagar Udhampur boulders commuter highway landslide road
- Reuters ID: LVA001C50WEA7
- Location: UDAMPUR, JAMMU AND KASHMIR, INDIA
- City: UDAMPUR, JAMMU AND KASHMIR, INDIA
- Country: India
- Duration: 00:01:03
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents
- Story Text: Landslide triggered by incessant rains blocked a key road near Indian Kashmir's Udhampur town, suspending the transportation between routes of Ramnagar and Udhampur on Saturday (March 14).
Commuters were seen walking and climbing up hills as an alternative to reach their destinations.
Workers and excavator were pressed into service to clear the boulders, which have been blocking vehicular movement.
India is one of the most disaster-prone countries in the world, and many of its 1.3 billion people live in areas vulnerable to natural hazards such as floods, landslides, cyclones, droughts and earthquakes.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:28th March 2020 11:59
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None