- Title: South Korea reports 74 new coronavirus cases
- Date: 16th March 2020
- Summary: SEJONG, SOUTH KOREA (FILE) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF SOUTH KOREAN GOVERNMENT COMPLEX SIGN READING (Korean/English): GOVERNMENT COMPLEX SEJONG
- Keywords: COVID-19 South Korea coronavirus health ministry new cases news briefing
- Reuters ID: LVA002C5AUWXZ
- Location: SEJONG, SOUTH KOREA
- City: SEJONG, SOUTH KOREA
- Country: South Korea
- Duration: 00:00:09
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Story Text: South Korea reported 74 new coronavirus infections on Monday (March 16), slightly lower than a day ago, according to the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC).
The KCDC also reported that 303 more patients had fully recovered and had been released from care. A total of 1,137 people has recovered and been released so far.
They country's Vice Health Minister Kim Kang-lip said that the government expanded special entry procedures to arrivals from all European countries, as the number of confirmed cases has been increased in Europe in recent weeks.
South Korea has been experiencing a downward trend in new cases and the latest numbers are significantly lower than the peak of 909 cases reported on February 29 and slightly down from the 76 recorded on Sunday (March 15).
(Production: Minwoo Park)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:30th March 2020 05:51
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None