- Title: China remains unchanged in supporting Olympics host Japan
- Date: 23rd March 2020
- Summary: BEIJING, CHINA (MARCH 23, 2020) (REUTERS) CHINESE FOREIGN MINISTRY SPOKESMAN, GENG SHUANG ARRIVING AT L NEWS CONFERENCE JOURNALISTS BEING SEATED (SOUNDBITE) (Mandarin) CHINESE FOREIGN MINISTRY SPOKESMAN, GENG SHUANG, SAYING: "China's position of supporting Japan in hosting the Tokyo Olympic Games remains unchanged. Of course, we will also respect the decision made by the international Olympic committee and Japan through negotiations." NEWS CONFERENCE IN PROGRESS EXTERIOR OF CHINESE FOREIGN MINISTRY CHINESE FLAG FLYING
- Keywords: China Tokyo Olympics foreign ministry spokesman mofa news conference
- Reuters ID: LVA001C69TGZR
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Duration: 00:00:43
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Olympics,Sport
- Story Text: China's foreign ministry said on Monday (March 23) that its position of supporting Japan to host the Tokyo Olympic Games remains unchanged.
Foreign ministry spokesman Geng Shuang made the remarks in response to a question whether China wants to call for the Games to be postponed.
"We will also respect the decision made by the International Olympic Committee and Japan through negotiations," added Geng who said China is aware of requests from certain countries to delay the Tokyo Olympics.
Canada made its announcement on Sunday (March 22) and Australia said on Monday they expected the Olympics to be postponed until next year.
(Production: Irene Wang)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:6th April 2020 11:21
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None